Monday, November 14, 2011

Is home really where the heart is?


Waking up in a place I have never laid eyes upon always makes me very happy.

Late last night I landed in Brasilia, the capital of Brazil. Having been in transit since early Saturday afternoon, a process that included spending the whole night at a deserted Miami airport and 3 hours at the lost&found baggage desk of my final destination airport (which limits its function to just "lost", for the time being) it didn't take me long before I gave in to the urge of exploring the inner workings of my couch's covers. (Yes, I'm sleeping on a couch. I leave hotels for those who need them.)

I was pleasantly woken up this morning by the gentle sunlight coming in from the tall, wall-to-wall windows and the cool breeze that reminded me of nothing in Austin. I got up and looked outside.

Bright colors, green buses, signs I cannot read. No tall buildings as far as my eye can reach and faces I can guarantee you I have never seen before. I don't know where I am. I don't know where I'll go, nor where I'll have lunch. I don't know what kind of people I'll meet. I don't know where that bright, orange bus is going.

I love this!! This, right here, is what I live for!!!

M.

1 comment: