Thursday, September 29, 2011

Because I ran out of paper napkins

I find that when I'm in a situation where I'm just waiting for something to happen, my mind goes to even more directions than normal but with the added element of processing every single one of those directions. My ADD turns into a thought process during which the random "Squirrel" gets psychoanalyzed and my mind is trying to find out what's so damn special about nuts.

This can happen at any given moment: while looking inside an empty room, waiting for the bus, having a drink in an empty bar, driving down a not-so-busy road, sitting in my office punching my procrastination in the stomach... I can go on forever with examples, but you get the idea. Thing is, in all those cases, I get this intense desire to write my thoughts down. I've written crazy thought processes on napkins, on dubstep flyers, on my arm, on an HEB receipt, on a bank statement... ("So what? Join the club." I hear a bunch of random people passing by shouting at me.)

As you understand, all those situation occur much more often when I'm settled in a new home/city/country/continent rather than when I'm in travel mode. And it makes sense. While traveling, There is so much stimuli around me, it's impossible to actually sit down and process it. The only thing I can do is breathe everything in and wait until I sit my arse down for a few months so that I can process all that madness I experienced during the time I spent vagabonding from A to B.

Well, I have now decided to share all those napkins, because at the end of the day, what's the use of a great fucking idea, if you don't tell anyone? (Plus, as we all know, if it's not on Facebook, it never happened!)

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment